Best Handheld Vacuum For Pet Hair
Are pet hairs making a home on your furniture and carpets? Does the thought of cleaning after your furry friends seem daunting, especially with the wrong tools at your disposal? Fear not! The right handheld vacuum for pet hair can turn this tiresome chore into a quick and easy task. Let’s delve into the world of handheld vacuums designed specifically for pet owners like you.
Our Top Picks
Our #1 Top Pick: BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Lithium Ion Cordless Hand Vacuum
If you’re seeking a handheld vacuum that combines power with convenience, the BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser is a top contender. This cordless model is equipped with a motorized brush tool that tackles pet hair with ease on multiple surfaces. The lithium-ion battery ensures a decent run time, making it perfect for small to medium cleaning tasks. It also has a triple-level filtration system to improve cleaning performance and includes specialized tools like an upholstery tool to remove embedded hair from furniture.
Pick #2: Dyson V7 Trigger Cord-Free Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
The Dyson V7 Trigger is known for its powerful suction, thanks to Dyson’s V7 motor which effortlessly lifts pet hair from various surfaces. The device includes a mini motorized tool specifically designed for pet hair, making it a go-to choice for detailed cleaning. With a run time of up to 30 minutes and a hygienic dirt ejector, it offers convenience combined with high-end performance. However, keep in mind that premium features come with a premium price tag.
Pick #3: Shark WANDVAC Handheld Vacuum
Those seeking a more lightweight option may turn to the Shark WANDVAC. It weighs just 1.4 pounds, making it incredibly easy to maneuver around your home. Don’t let its size fool you, though; its high-speed, brushless motor provides impressive suction power for pet hair removal. The vacuum offers fast charging and includes a duster crevice tool and a multi-surface pet tool, which are both handy for cleaning up after pets.
Pick #4: BLACK+DECKER dustbuster AdvancedClean+ Pet Handheld Vacuum
The BLACK+DECKER dustbuster AdvancedClean+ is designed for convenience and effectiveness. This model features a motorized pet head equipped with rubber tines that excel at picking up pet hair. Along with strong suction and a washable filter, this vacuum is straightforward to maintain. With its extendable crevice tool and flip-up brush, you’ll find getting into those nooks and crannies to remove pet hair a breeze.
Pick #5: Hoover ONEPWR Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
Rounding out our top picks is the Hoover ONEPWR. This handheld vacuum stands out with its high-performance and cordless convenience. Compatible with the ONEPWR battery system, it provides plenty of power to handle pet hair on upholstery, stairs, and in cars. It includes several attachments, like a crevice tool to get into tight spaces, and a powerful motorized pet tool for an effective clean.
What to Know Before You Buy
- Battery Life: For cordless models, the time you get before needing a recharge is crucial. Ensure the vacuum has enough run time to tackle your space without constant interruptions.
- Suction Power: Adequate suction ensures that pet hair is removed effectively. Look for vacuums that boast strong suction and are designed to tackle pet hair specifically.
- Attachments: Additional tools can make a world of difference, especially for cleaning upholstery or tight spaces. Check for vacuums with nozzles, motorized brushes, or other specialized tools.
- Weight and Ergonomics: A lightweight and ergonomically designed vacuum is easier to hold and maneuver, making the cleaning process less taxing on your arms and back.
- Filtration System: Good filtration is critical, especially to prevent fine hairs and dander from being expelled back into the air.
- Maintenance: Look for vacuums that are easy to clean and maintain. Washable filters and easily detachable dustbins can save you a lot of time and hassle.
Factors to Consider Before Buying
- Your Home’s Layout: Your choice may differ depending on whether you need to clean tight corners, stairs, or flat surfaces. Consider the layout of your home when choosing a vacuum.
- Type and Number of Pets: Pets with long hair can require stronger suction and better hair pick-up tools. Also, more pets usually mean more hair and a need for a more robust vacuum.
- Battery vs. Corded: While cordless vacuums offer more freedom of movement, corded vacuums provide continuous power. Consider which is more convenient for your cleaning habits.
- Noise Level: Some pets are scared of loud noises, so opting for a quieter vacuum can make cleaning less stressful for them and you.
- Price: More expensive doesn’t always mean better, but investing in a quality product can save you money in the long run due to durability and effectiveness.
Why Trust ChooseRight?
At ChooseRight, we invest significant time and resources into testing and researching products so that our recommendations are based on a solid foundation. We understand that each pet household has unique needs, and we’re committed to highlighting handheld vacuums that accommodate a variety of situations and preferences. We’ve sifted through thousands of reviews and gathered feedback from pet owners who use these products daily. Our selections are based not only on technical specifications but also on real-world performance and user satisfaction.
Finding the best handheld vacuum for pet hair can transform your daily clean-up from a nuisance to a hassle-free activity. Remember to consider your specific needs, and don’t be afraid to invest in a vacuum that delivers the performance and convenience you require to keep your home free from pet hair. Happy cleaning!
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a handheld vacuum good for pet hair removal?
A handheld vacuum designed for pet hair usually features a motorized brush tool to effectively lift and remove hair from various surfaces. Also, it should possess strong suction power, specialized filters to handle fine pet dander, and possibly a rubberized surface to attract hair.
Are handheld vacuums effective on all surfaces?
While most handheld vacuums for pet hair are designed to work on multiple surfaces, including upholstery, carpet, and hardwood floors, their effectiveness can vary. Look for models with attachments suited for the specific surfaces in your home.
How often should I clean my handheld vacuum filter?
Cleaning frequency can depend on usage and the specific model of your handheld vacuum. Generally, it’s recommended to clean the filter after each use or at least once a week if you frequently vacuum pet hair, to maintain suction power and ensure longevity.
Can handheld vacuums remove embedded pet hair?
Handheld vacuums are great for surface pet hair, but for deeply embedded hair, you may need a vacuum with more powerful suction and a motorized brush. Some handheld models do come with attachments that can help with more stubborn hair.
How do I maintain a handheld vacuum for pet hair?
Regularly empty the dustbin, clean the filter, and check for hair or debris that may be tangling the brushes. Replace filters and other parts as recommended by the manufacturer to ensure the vacuum continues to perform well.
What is the average battery life of a cordless handheld vacuum?
Battery life varies by model, but you can typically expect 15 to 30 minutes of run time on a full charge for most handheld cordless vacuums. Models with a higher battery capacity may run longer but may also take longer to charge.
Are bagged or bagless handheld vacuums better for pet hair?
This often comes down to personal preference. Bagless vacuums allow you to empty and reuse the container, while bagged vacuums can provide a hygienic way to dispose of pet hair and dander without exposure. Both types can be effective for pet hair if they have the necessary features.
Is a HEPA filter necessary in a handheld vacuum for pet hair?
While not strictly necessary, a HEPA filter is highly beneficial for pet owners as it can trap fine particles such as pet dander, which can cause allergies. If anyone in your household is sensitive to allergens, a HEPA filter is a worthwhile feature.
What’s the difference between a handheld vacuum for pet hair and a regular handheld vacuum?
A handheld vacuum for pet hair typically comes with specialized tools like motorized brushes or rubberized attachments specifically designed to pick up hair. They also often have more robust filters to deal with fine pet dander that a regular handheld vacuum may not have.
How much should I expect to spend on a quality handheld vacuum for pet hair?
The price can vary widely depending on the brand, features, and performance. You can find budget options starting around $30-$50, but for a more powerful, high-quality model with attachments suitable for pet hair, prices can range from $100 to $250 or more, depending on the specs and brand reputation.